Local Learning: The National Network for Folk Arts in Education
56 E First St, New York, New York 10003-9345
Lisa Rathje - email@example.com
Areas of Expertise
- We offer professional development workshops that particularly focus upon the diverse culturally-based art forms that can be found in our own communities.
- We publish and develop resources, including through our our peer-reviewed publication, the Journal of Folklore and Education (https://JFEpublications.org).
- We convene with the national arts service organizations to ensure a folk arts presence in national conversations and participate in the crafting of national policy and advocacy initiatives.
Current Top Priorities for Guidance or CollaborationContact us to learn more about these current priority areas or to explore collaboration opportunities.
- Building inclusive arts education learning activities and curricula that include significant art forms from cultural communities (de-centering the western canon of arts)
- Engaging culturally-responsive and culturally-sustaining pedagogies through arts and arts-integrated learning
Geographical Areas Served:
Mid-Atlantic, National, Rural/Remote, Suburban/Exurban, Urban,
Primary Audience Served:
School-based Teachers, Teaching Artists,
Folk - Traditional & Indigenous Arts,