1250 N. Pitt Street, Alexandria, Virginia 22314
Amy Weinberg - firstname.lastname@example.org
Areas of Expertise
- National PTA is the nation’s oldest and largest child advocacy association, comprising of millions of families, students, teachers, administrators, and business and community leaders devoted to the educational success of children and the promotion of family engagement in schools.
- National PTA’s Reflections program engages over 300,000 students every year, providing opportunities for recognition in the arts which boosts student confidence and success in the arts and in life. Through the program, students explore their own thoughts, feelings and ideas, develop artistic literacy and find a love for learning.
- National PTA has a long history of advocating for arts education and believes all students deserve the opportunity to take part in the arts, and that the arts are central to learning and key to the development of students. National PTA supports programs that promote public awareness of the arts and arts education and the integration of the arts in school curriculum.
Current Top Priorities for Guidance or CollaborationContact us to learn more about these current priority areas or to explore collaboration opportunities.
- Incorporating family engagement strategies into arts education programming. National PTA’s programming, including our Reflections art program, forwards transformative family engagement - the shared effort of families, schools and community leaders to advance whole child development as integral to impactful programming and policy.
- Working with PTAs to ensure access to and opportunities for high quality arts learning experiences for all children. The Reflections program is wide-reaching and is often used as a catalyst to further develop arts education and arts learning opportunities for school communities.
- Expanding access to and knowledge around arts and arts education advocacy. PTAs serve a unique community role as advocates and can use their voices to identify concerns and amplify quality arts education in their schools and communities.
- National PTAs School of Excellence program allows PTAs to focus on supporting and improving arts education in their school communities through intentional action-planning steeped in best practice for continuous and transformative family engagement.
Geographical Areas Served:
Mid-Atlantic, Midwest, National, New England, North Central, Northwest, Rural/Remote, South Central, Southeast, Southwest, Suburban/Exurban, Urban, West Coast,
Primary Audience Served:
Children/Youth, Parents, Pre-K Schools and Learning Centers, School Administrators, School-based Teachers,
Arts and crafts, Dance, Literature and Storytelling, Media Arts, Music, Visual Arts,