Missouri Alliance for Arts Education
2208 Clouds Peak Ct., Maryland Heights, Missouri 63043
Phyllis Pasley - firstname.lastname@example.org
Areas of Expertise
- Connecting/Uniting Missouri’s Arts Education Community
- Professional Development Support
- Arts Advocacy
Current Top Priorities for Guidance or CollaborationContact us to learn more about these current priority areas or to explore collaboration opportunities.
- Connections – Maintenance and growing of our communications network connecting all arts educators in PreK-12-collegiate and arts institutions/organizations.
- Professional Development – Working with statewide arts ed organizations in support of their content specific professional development offerings, and providing additional professional learning opportunities involving the arts.
- Arts Integration – Promoting, recruiting educators engaged in more holistic arts inclusive teaching and learning practices.
- Diversity – Working toward inclusivity and equity for marginalized groups.
- Arts Advocacy – ensuring that policies enacted are friendly to the arts.
- Media Arts – learning how to best support this emerging arts education field – Addressing issues pertinent to certification, professional development support
- Teacher Preparation, Retention and Recruitment of Fine Arts Educators – How do we attract students, prepare them adequately, and provide enough support to retain fine arts teachers?
- Program Evaluation Measurement – How is the quality of arts education best measured in a variety of settings? How do we uplift the profession and support teachers, students and programs throughout the process?
- Arts Education for Career and Workforce Development – How do arts educators see the work they do beyond future arts teacher prep or professional artist prep? What arts ed experiences provide support for other career areas? How can we learn to share this information with others?
- Non-profit financial stability – How do we gain the sustainable financial support to continue to fulfill our mission?
Geographical Areas Served:
Midwest, Rural/Remote, Suburban/Exurban, Urban,
Primary Audience Served:
Children/Youth, Elected officials, Higher Education institutions, Local and State Arts Agencies, Organization Administrators, Organizations, Pre-K Schools and Learning Centers, School Administrators, School-based Teachers, Teaching Artists,
Dance, Folk - Traditional & Indigenous Arts, Literature and Storytelling, Media Arts, Multidisciplinary Arts, Music, Theatre, Visual Arts,