Graduate Student Volunteer Opportunity
Graduate student volunteers play a key role at AEP National Forums. As future leaders in the fields of arts, education, research, and policy, AEP invites graduate student volunteers to participate in the Forums’ conversations, discussions, and networking opportunities as they help to staff and support these national convenings. The volunteer experience is an opportunity to interact with over 200 leaders from local, state, and national arts and education organizations, learn about their work, and hear their perspectives on the key education issues of today. For more information about AEP National Forums please visit the About AEP National Forums page.
Graduate student volunteers have the following responsibilities:
- Gateways: staffing on-site registration and resource tables
- Room Hosts: greeting attendees at breakout sessions, assisting session presenters as needed, keep time and record attendance, serve as liaison between presenters and AEP staff while session is in progress, and equipment set-up as needed
- Pathways: guiding attendees to breakout sessions and receptions
- Forum setup and breakdown
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Accepted graduate student volunteers receive a National Forum registration fee waiver which includes meals served at the Forum and admission to networking receptions. Volunteers will be responsible for their own lodging and transportation.
Stay tuned for a call for Graduate Volunteers for the 2013 National Forum in Washington, DC!