National in scope and far-reaching in their community impact, AEP Partner Organizations share a belief that children and youth are a national priority. Their collective voice and activism with AEP elevates the critical role arts learning plays in shaping a complete and competitive education for every child in America. By working across sectors at the national, state, and local levels, AEP Partners promote education improvement and changes in public policy.
To join AEP, an organization agrees to support AEP’s mission and goals, become actively engaged in AEP initiatives,and communicates with and activates their constituency networks on relevant education issues. AEP will consider organizations with a local scope of work that demonstrate evaluation planning, data collection and analysis, and the use of evaluation in their work.
Benefits of Becoming an AEP Partner Organization
Partners benefit from their affiliation with AEP in various ways. All partners:
- Gain opportunities to connect with other partner organizations of national significance
- Benefit from increased visibility of their work and expertise through a direct link from AEP’s website
- Priority referrals as field experts for media inquiries vetted by the AEP Communications staff
- Receive priority consideration for announcements submitted to AEP’s twice-monthly online subscriber-based newsletter, The ArtsEd Digest
- Receive priority notification about AEP National Forums, job announcements, new AEP publications, partner networking meetings, webinars and technical assistance workshops
- Become eligible to participate on AEP’s Advisory Committee, task forces, working groups, or special projects
- Receive discounts on AEP publications
Responsibilities of AEP Partner Organizations
- Promote and support AEP’s mission and goals
- Communicate AEP initiatives and opportunities to their respective constituencies (through links on websites, listserves, and social media)
- Activate their networks on relevant issues
- Participate on task forces and/or committees around specific areas of AEP’s work (ex.: research initiatives)
- Share with AEP the status of arts learning in their communities, knowledge of best practices, and results of their work efforts
AEP staff and Governing Council review partnership applications each quarter.